Monday, May 11, 2009

Padre Alberto on The Early Show on CBS


WHO SAID UNIVISION HAD EXCLUSIVE INTERVIEW? Father Alberto Cutié spoke to fellow Miamian host of the CBS The Early Show, Maggie Rodriguez about the scandal that has rocked the Latin entertainment scene and Catholic church on Monday's show.

“I don't want to be the anticelibacy priest,” he says. “I think it's a debate that's going on in our society, and now I've become kind of a poster boy for it. But I don't want to be that. In my case it was something I struggled with for a long time in confession. And something that I never expected to become a public debate."


Despite his relationship, in 22 years of priesthood this is the first time he's had sexual relationship. He's in love and not sure yet what's in the future with his relationship with Ruhama Canellis.