Sunday, May 10, 2009

Zoë Saldaña Glams Up LATINA Cover


Zoë Saldaña is on her way to becoming one of Hollywood's hottest Latina's. She's in the new Star Trek movie that raked in $75 million this past weekend, biggest opening for a franchise movie. Despite the fame she's getting, she reveals her life on the latest Latina June/July issue.

ON AVOIDING A HOLLYWOOD EGO: "You’ll never see me shopping on Robertson Boulevard or hanging out in super-public spaces like that. I’m fiercely territorial about my privacy. And I cannot follow a crowd,” she says. “I never want to get to the point where I’m walking a red carpet thinking, ‘I’m fabulous.’ At times, Hollywood is going to get the best of you, and you will wake up feeling overconfident. But I have too many people that keep me in check if I fail to do so myself.”


ON HER VERSION OF A FUN STATURDAY NIGHT: “We just get together in my house or at a friend’s house,” she says, “and it’s about finding the most expensive bottles of wine and having the most exquisite conversations till 3 o’clock in the morning—and having someone sober drive us home. Usually the men.”


READ MORE and subscribe to Latina magazine